Natwest Text Scam
Luddesdown Parish Council
Latest News from Kent County Council Public Protection.
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
24 April 2020
Residents Targeted by NatWest Text Scam
Please be alert to this scam that is targeting Kent residents by text message.
How it works:
- You receive a text from criminals claiming to be from NatWest bank
- You are told there has been a request to update your mobile telephone contact number
- The criminal asks you to click on a link in the text to update your number
What to do:
- Do not click on the link
- Your bank will never send you a message asking you to click on a link
- Forward any suspicious texts referring to NatWest to the number 88355 (Standard network rates apply)
- Find out how to report a scam on Citizens Advice
Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.
Find out about how scammers may be trying to target you and your family during the Coronavirus pandemic. We can all be vulnerable to these criminals and the best way to protect yourself is to make sure you are aware. KCC Public protection have created a page that lists scams that are using the Pandemic to target you.
You can view our Privacy Notice at any time. It explains what personal data we hold about you, how we collect the data and how we may use and share information about you. We are required to give this information under the data protection law.
For advice and to report issues to KCC Trading Standards contact
Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133
Consumer Advice scams action line on 0808 250 5050
Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Copyright © 2020 Kent County Council, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted into receive emails from KCC Public Protection.
Mrs Jo Barker
- 01474 879347
- 0780 263 4971
Find Luddesdown Parish Council
Luddesdown Road, Luddesdown, Gravesend, Kent, DA13 0XE
The Parish Council area extends around Luddesdown.